The Top Metal Roofing Experts Serving San Antonio
Metal roofs have many distinct advantages over other roofing materials. They are durable, lightweight, easy to install and are fireproof. With a wide variety of colors and styles to choose from, A-TEX Roofing & Remodeling can achieve virtually any look you want for your home.
Types of Metal Roofing
- Standing seam panel: These use flat sheets of metal like copper & aluminum adjoined with raised seams. The joints are locked together, and the edges are folded back over, which creates a watertight seal. The metal comes in rolled form and cut to the measurements of the roof. Standing seam is one of the oldest roofing systems in use today, and its installation requires the skills of extremely professional roofing companies.
- Corrugated Metal Roof: This consists of flat panels of corrugated metal. Although this is not a system that traditionally appears in residential areas, technology has led to the production of panels that have greater curb appeal and are suited to urban living. Historically, the panels are made of galvanized steel, but other metals are coming into favor.
- Metal shingles: These are shingles designed to replicate the look of shingles made from other materials such as wood, cedar, slate or ceramic shingles. They also can paint the shingles to suit your design and color preferences.
Advantages to Metal Roofs
While metal roofing is right for some purposes and people, it’s not always right for all. Knowing some of the best reasons to choose metal for your residential or commercial roof can help you determine if it’s something you should choose.
Metal roofing lasts for decades. It’s not uncommon to see a metal roof last for sixty years or longer if it’s maintained properly. For your life in the home, you may never have to replace the roof if you choose metal materials.
Metal roofing holds up well against all types of dangerous weather anomalies. Even debris and animals don’t seem to faze it. The impact of extreme weather in the San Antonio area makes metal roofing a durable choice.
Easy to Maintain
Maintenance on a metal roof is so easy that you can nearly install it and forget about it. Sure, regular maintenance will always be a factor, but the upkeep on a metal roof is so limited, that compared to other solutions like shingles, concrete, or tile, you’ll hardly need to complain about it.
Metal roofing is recyclable, making it environmentally friendly. If parts of your roof need to be replaced, metal roofing specialists will tear off the old pieces and use the scraps for other projects. In fact, your brand-new metal roof may already be made from recycled materials.
Most metals are found naturally in the earth, so while it’s recyclable, it’s also more economical to source more materials from our planet without damaging the resources. It doesn’t involve unhealthy practices like cutting down trees.
While your metal roof will cost more up front to install, it will cost less over its lifetime. You’re making a 60+ year investment instead of purchasing something that will only last 20 years. The metal roof cost is well worth it compared to paying for asphalt shingles three times in the same period.
Metal roof warranties also tend to be exceptional. Check with a local metal roof contractor for the options near you, but you’re likely to find that you can cover your metal roof for all kinds of things like leaks, damage, and more.
The Durability of Metal Roofs
As we stated earlier, a metal roof is one of the must durable materials you can install on your home. Some metal roofs can withstand hurricane force winds well over 100 miles per hour. Metal does not corrode or break down over time due to the beating it takes as well. Some metal materials are also impact resistant — meaning they won’t get damaged from the likes of hail storms or other falling objects.
Metal roofs also do not need high cost maintenance throughout the year like other roofing materials. While metal roof maintenance is minimal, it’s important to conduct regular inspections to ensure there’s no damage or to see if you need to repair or replace it. Twice a year, you should inspect your metal roof by:
- Cleaning off dirt and stains that the rain didn’t wash away
- Cleaning drains and gutters
- Removing any branches or other objects that may be caught in the roof
- Checking for scratches, chipping, or fading
Get a Free Quote Today Before Making Your Decision
Our San Antonio metal roofing experts can offer inspections, free quotes, and many installation and repair services that will help you maintain your metal roof. If you’re looking for a high-quality, eco-friendly, cost-effective metal roofing services, call A-TEX Roofing & Remodeling today at 210-777-7663. Check this page for flat roofing.
Schedule Your FREE Roof Inspection Today!
Hire A Team of Roofing Professionals
You Can Trust